We love seeing all of the posts from our Synergy Members highlighting the amazing women working in the construction industry! To continue this week’s celebration we thought we’d give you a small insight into the three women who help run Synergy and support the construction industry.
What is your role and how long have you been doing it?
- Julie: I’m the Executive Director of Synergy, and I have the privilege of running the day to day operations of the group. I get involved in everything from training to membership, and most things in between. No day is ever the same! I’ve been with Synergy since we started the group in 2016, but I’ve been in the industry for a very long time.
- Kathy: I am the member support specialist for Synergy Solution Group, and have been in the role for 3 years
- Allison: I’ve been working with HVAC companies for almost 13 years now! As the Sales and Marketing Director I get to work with our members on recruiting new companies, planning training sessions, and marketing all the great things going on at Synergy.
What do you love most about what you do?
- Julie: I love getting to know our members as businesses, but more importantly, as people and friends. Understanding their challenges and needs, then providing services to help them address those challenges is what Synergy is all about. It’s so rewarding to see our members connect and support each other, and the friendships they have created are truly something special.
- Kathy: I love interacting with the Synergy members.They are the kindest, most genuine group of people, and I learn from them daily.
- Allison: The thing I love the most is working with our members. They come from different parts of the country (and every Synergy meeting has the best combination of accents you have ever heard!), but they’re all connected by their drive to be better – better companies, better leaders, better people. It’s so inspiring.
If you could give your younger self some career advice, what would it be?
- Julie: Change creates opportunities. Don’t fear it; jump on the opportunity and make great things happen!
- Kathy: I guess it would be the same thing I advise my own kids – you can do anything you put your mind to, and do something you enjoy.
- Allison: Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Find companies and people who celebrate the unique things about who you are and don’t waste time trying to fit yourself into a box that’s not you.